Help us expand our home-based peer support program for families with new babies!We are thrilled to announce that Parenting Village was awarded a Possibility Grant by the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation to support a 2018 pilot of our Nurture program — our home-based peer support program for families with new babies in the Rochester community, and that they are continuing their support of this program in 2019.
What is Nurture?
- A FREE, home-based peer support program for families with new babies
- Support is offered over 3 months, during any 3-month period in the baby’s first year of life
- Peer support is provided by trained volunteers who are passionate about supporting families with a new baby
- Parent-driven, where we ask parents what would be most helpful to them
- Why? Because we know that the time after a baby’s birth can be intense for families. Parenting Village honors the energy required to bring a child into the world, and we seek to nurture the parents who undertake this vital responsibility.
- hold your newborn so you can shower and rest
- attend to needs of older siblings
- help with basic household tasks
- go for a walk with you and your little one(s)
- assist with diapering, feeding or soothing baby
If you have any interest in Nurture Support or volunteering, please contact Shawna Peterson, Nurture Program Coordinator at 716-320-0452 or email@example.com.
“The volunteers helped me to relax and find confidence within the unpredictability and fast-paced transition of motherhood.” -Nurture participant